Tuesday, September 11, 2007

6 month checkup







We went for our 6 month checkup yesterday. She is 15.10 lbs (50%) and 24'' (10%)! Yeah, growth!



Then when the doctor got to her head measurement she said "hmm..that cant be right?" So she re-measured and re-measured, yep it was right! Then she said the words no mother wants to hear.



"I think we need to send Causey over to Methodist Hospital for some testing, her head has grown too much too fast and i want to run some tests." I about fell over.



Not that my child has some huge head, but the percentage of growth was more than she felt comfortable with (20% to 75% in two months). So they scheduled her for a head x-ray and ultrasound (none of which are easy to get on a 6 month old who has missed two naps and two feedings).



Anyway, all the tests came back normal! She was cleared to go home! We are so thankful! There is nothing that will bring you to your knees faster than the thought of something being seriously wrong with your child! So...anyway, just a little update into our lives.............guess i better go check on my large headed child!! Just kidding!



5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

glad everything is ok with your little angel!

Katie said...

She is going to be a doctor just like her daddy! Her head's just makikng room for that brain! Glad to hear that all is well. I know that must have been so scary.

The Lively's said...

I love "Pieces by Tam". So cute!!

Michael and Crissie said...

Harper, you poor thing. Is that not the scariest feeling when they tell you things like that to just completely make you panic? I'm glad she was okay. She looks adorable!

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I LOVE Causey's bonnets! They are adorable and I am so glad things turned out good for her!