Wednesday, January 16, 2008

24 hrs of my life


So just the other day I was thinking to myself, "we have been so blessed, Causey has never been sick. We have never gone to the doctor except for shots!"

Yeah well, she woke up yesterday with the stomach bug, which she picked up at the church nursery!

My day went as follows:

7:30 am threw up and diarrhea, we are talking all over me, the chair and all the way into the kitchen

8:15 ate 3 oz of a bottle, threw that up

8:30 and then 8:35 diarrhea

Nap

11:00 diarrhea

12:30 diarrhea

12:35 throw up

1:15 drank some water, threw up

2:30 diarrhea

Started feeding her Pedilight with a dropper every 15mins for 4 hours

3:00 diarrhea

4:00 diarrhea

6:30 drank some water with a hint of formula

????? threw up in her bed and slept in it all night


Soooooooooo, this morning about 6, I heard Causey talking on the monitor. I reach over turn it off and start thinking about getting up. Maizy creeps up to the top of the bed and lays on my pillow. All of the sudden i hear the dreaded noise! She throws up all over the back of my neck and head! I just kinda freeze, thinking surly this didn't just happen!

I start whining at David "Your stupid dog just threw up on me"

David-"What, what are you talking about"

Me-"Wake up, i hate you, turn on the light and help me!!!" (Note, David was on call last night and answered 5 pages from 11:00pm to 5:00, he was really tired!!)

So David turn on the light and starts laughing so hard that it really made me mad!!

We get out of bed and go into the bathroom!

Moms, you know when your baby has poop on their outfit and you have to kinda peel, roll it up their back so you wont get it on them even more, yeah well that was us!

I was trying not to start puking and David was laughing so hard, he wasn't much help!!


So that was my day!! Hope yours was better than mine!!

5 comments:

The Ueltschey's said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Harper, I am so sorry. Anderson has not yet had the stomach virus...I'm just waiting!! I hope the she...and the dog...get better really quickly!

Michael and Crissie said...

Bless your heart! That sounds horrible. All three of us had the stomach virus the same day a few months ago. I feel your pain. It is so hard to watch a baby with it, because you can't really help. I hope today is better.

khakidawg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lee Herrin said...

you make me laugh.

LT (and Max) said...

i'm imagining you telling this story in person and i'm laughing.

what a day.