Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Consumers beware


So when we moved to Memphis, we bought this house on the spot, it was the only one in our price range that didn't look like a meth lab! We had saved about 600 dollars for a washer and dryer! Well we got here and realized we had to have front loaders because they fit under a counter!! So we sucked it up and bought really good appliances!!
Well let me just tell you don't buy this washing machine!! It doesn't drain correctly and the water sits in the "thing" and mildews!! I have tried cleaning it, bleaching it, everything!! It kinda stinks and is a huge problem!! Just ask about drainage problems if you are going to get one!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolyn said...

That's really too bad.

The Bird said...

What brand is your washer??? We had the Whirlpool Duet frontloader washer and dryer (about 1,900 bucks total!!) and I was sooooo unhappy with the washer, I mean I REALLY wanted to like it but the clothes would never get clean. I'd have to wash over and over just to get the kitchen smells out of my dischcloths! How clean can your laundry really get using only 3 gallons of water anyway?? I called the store back and DEMANDED a refund. I now own a toploader whirlpool washer that uses lots of water and am MUCH happier!!

Hillary Jordan said...

Mine is actually doing the same thing! I just clean it out after every wash. It's gross and there's usually soap suds left over. Let me know if you find anything out to prevent it.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

o.k. so i can't personally relate, but i have 2 or 3 friends who have said the exact same thing. that there is a smell, etc., just like you are talking about.

i love the front end loaders - at least the look of them. guess i'm glad that we never bought them, though...