Saturday, March 15, 2008

Causey and the never ending fever..............

So Tues. morning Causey wakes up her sweet normal little self, I thought she felt warm but not even enough to torture her by taking her temp. Wednesday she wakes up and is burning up, 102, poor thing. I remember the doctor saying she could run a fever 7 to 10 days after her 12 month boosters, so that's fine, hand me the Tylenol!!
By late that afternoon she is running 104!! Call the doctor and they say bring her in first thing in the morning, but its probably the shot............We (and by we, i mean me and "doctor" Mandy Barber) start giving her Tylenol and Motrin every two hours, it still wont come down below 103! Lovely! It was a very long night, but I had no idea what a long night was yet..........
Take her in Thurs. morning- they draw blood, take urine, the whole nine yards. Basically they say we don't know whats wrong, come back tomorrow.
All day Thursday she runs 103-104, but is in a relatively good mood! Tylenol and Motrin still every two hours. I check on her at 9pm, cool as a cucumber................9:53 she wakes up with 105!
I know I should have taken her to the ER, so lets just let that go..................
She screams for 3 hour blocks.............sleeps for 45 mins..........screams............you get the picture!!
Go back to the doctor Friday morning, she says: its an EAR INFECTION!!
Come on people, whose kid runs 105 temp with an ear infection! It has now been over 72 hours of fever over 103!! I know I am blessed that this is her first ear infection, but what a way to start!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
helen said...

OH how scary!! I am glad y'all got it under control!! I love the precious picture with the post...she is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!

The Segrest Family said...

awwwwwwwwwww........ poor thing. camp had 105 a couple of weeks ago and had strep =(
we had our fair share of ear infections his first year, but never got 105!