Monday, March 24, 2008

Ring of Worm


This is my life-
Week 1:
"David, I have something weird on my ankle!"
"Oh, it looks fine"
"No really, look!"
"Probably just a bite..............."
Week 2:
"David, something is really wrong with my ankle!"
"Its probably a spider bite, as long as its not a brown recluse, you'll be fine."
"What should I do about it."
''Nothing, I'll keep an eye on it!"
Week 3:
"David, my ankle is not getting better"
"You still have that thing?"
"Yes, and if you don't take me serious, I'm going to the doctor"
"I am a doctor, Harper and it's probably just ring worm, it will be fine. But don't touch me with it! I'll watch it and let you know"
"Will you please do something about it please?"
Next Day:
"David, I made a doctors appointment"
"For what??"
"MY ANKLE!!!"
"Its just ring worm, Harper, I'll get you something for it!"
Week 4:
"DAVID, IF YOU DO NOT DOING SOMETHING ABOUT MY ANKLE, I WILL RUB IT ALL OVER YOUR FACE AFTER YOU GO TO BED!! THEN I WILL STOP DOING YOUR LAUNDRY, COOKING YOUR DINNER AND CLEANING YOUR HOUSE!!"
"OK, ok, calm down. Call me at work tomorrow and i will call you something in..........."
"Thank you, that is all i have been asking for!"
Call David at work---
"Um, I looked it up and what you need is OVER THE COUNTER at Walgreens!!"
Are you freaking kidding me!! I have been asking you this for a month and you tell me now that it is over the counter!! I swear, this is what i deal with!! Classic example of a conversation in our marriage!!
*There were many other conversations each night that took place about the ringworm, but they all ended in "I'll keep an eye on it!!"
I know this is really gross and honestly i have no idea where i got it from!!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ha ha ha, this is funny (well not the part about YOU having the wring worm)

...and so typical! (again, not the part about you and wring worm)

Carolyn said...

oh, is it spelled "ring worm"?

Maybe I should just stop saying it already!

LT (and Max) said...

that's awesome! it put a smile on my face! :) (no, the fact that you have ring worm isn't funny...just the story!)

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! I mean, really. I am so glad you got to the bottom of what it was.

Katie said...

I am laughing so hard!! I miss your stories. Sorry I was a no show this weekend at the wedding. I had so much work to do. Anyway, I am going to start blogging again! :) Aren't you so excited!?